WORKING PRINCIPLE AND FEATURE OF INDIGENOUS DEVELOPED MONITORING SYSTEM
- New system has developed by M/s Baig Engineering based on latest programmable logic control (PLC) technology Signal acquisition and processing functions are performed by PLCs manufactured by M/s FATEK of Taiwan (COTS technology). One CPU is installed in MO-001 PLCs rack and two CPUs in MO-003 PLCs rack. After processing, parameters are displayed by CPUs on HMI for which the software has been specially designed to provide same environment to the operator as per original.
- The HMIs are touch sensitive obviating requirement of a mouse for operation. Following additional features have been incorporated in the software which are not provided in DCNS system.
- All parameters of propulsion motors and diesel engine maybe displayed on a single screen page.
- Displayed parameters maybe optimized by inserting known errors to enable viewing of actual values.
- Threshold values for warning and alarm indications can also be changed as require by the operator. The same is permitted after inserting of a dedicated USB as a security measure.